Administrative Assistant – Real Estate Solutions – Tax Practice
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 3,700 professionals located in most major business centers in the world, we work closely with clients every day to anticipate, illuminate, and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. Our workforce includes numerous PhDs, MBAs, CPAs, CFEs, JDs, and technologists with expertise across a broad range of industries including automotive, chemicals, construction solutions, communications, media and entertainment, electricity, financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, energy, real estate and life sciences. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialized expertise. If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and helping shape its future, read on.
ABOUT THE REAL ESTATE SOLUTIONS PRACTICE:
FTI Real Estate Solutions has a singular focus on the real estate and finance industry and the capital markets that serve it. Our services are designed to create integrated financial, tax and real estate solutions for clients having underlying value in real estate operations and assets. We provide an unsurpassed range of real estate advisory services including merger and acquisitions, due diligence, valuation, lease consulting, forensic accounting, financial outsourcing, IPO, REIT tax structuring and compliance, executive compensation, master planning and development services, cost segregation and private client services.
We represent leading public and private real estate entities including REITs, financial institutions, investment banks, opportunity funds, insurance companies, hedge funds, pension advisors and owners/developers.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to a senior managing director and others in FTI’s Real Estate Solutions – Tax Practice.
- Understands the formal and informal Practice area goals, standards, policies and procedures which will include familiarity with other Practices within the firm.
- Performs administrative and office support activities for designated Senior Management within the practice area including maintenance of Outlook calendars, scheduling meetings and conference calls, ordering guest refreshments, answering telephones, typing, editing and reviewing correspondence and presentations, maintaining contact lists, faxing, filing etc.
- Assists Senior Management with client billing responsibilities.
- Manages listing of client deliverables for the practice area, including tax returns, estimates and correspondence with taxing authorities.
- Packages tax returns for submission to taxing authorities and clients.
- Handles weekly time entries for designated Senior Management in the Company’s time entry system.
- Handles expense report entries for designated Senior Management in the Company’s expense report entry system.
- Responsible for entering New Client Matter forms into the Company’s client relations management system.
- Coordinates business trips, projects and meetings and books travel through the Company’s travel company.
- Switchboard back up.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work paid overtime (8% – 10% annually); the position is with a professional group that has seasonal deadlines in April and October with the bulk of overtime required approximately 6 weeks prior to each of those deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to understand priorities among various client and professional relationships.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt