|This position serves as Administrative Assistant to Campus Dean. The Academic Assistant is responsible for scheduling of appointments for Campus Dean as well as interacting with faculty and staff on behalf of the Academic department. This Academic Assistant also assists Faculty in complying with reporting deadlines, and ensures Faculty members have all the necessary books and supplies.
Essential duties of the Academic Assistant:
• Assists Campus Dean with daily academic department requirements.
• Schedules and tracks appointments with Campus Dean.
• Greets and assists students as needed.
• Assists Academic Counselors and distributes Faculty correspondence as needed.
• Prepares statistical reports as instructed by Campus Dean.
• Answers phone, takes/distributes messages for Campus Dean, Academic Counselors, and Faculty members.
• Controls time sheets and inputs payroll for academic department.
• Maintains employment packages and assists in hiring process of new faculty members and academic staff.
• Distributes and processes student evaluations.
• Ensures that class schedule is entered on the system.
• Tracks class registration and preliminary, mid-term and final rosters.
The successful Academic Assistant will possess:
• At least two years of college.(Required) A four year degree is preferred.
• At least one-year of administrative experience. (Required)
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
• A detail-oriented and self-motivated approach to their work.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you are seeking a growing organization where you can use your talents to help others achieve their goals, join Strayer University. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including a 90% tuition discount and significant career growth opportunities.